Help support clean ocean water and healthy coral reefs at benefit for Maui Nui Marine Resource Council at Flatbread Company on November 23
PAIA, HI — Enjoy some exceptionally delicious wood-fired pizza and support efforts to protect Maui’s coral reefs at a Benefit Night for the nonprofit Maui Nui Marine Resource Council at Flatbread Company in Paia on Tuesday, November 23.
All pizzas purchased between 5 pm and 9 pm that day will help raise needed funds for Maui Nui Marine Resource Council’s work to restore healthy coral reefs, clean ocean water and abundant native fish to the islands of Maui County. The Flatbread Company will donate $3.50 for each large flatbread and $1.75 for each small flatbread sold during the benefit, whether the pizza is for takeout or in-restaurant dining. The Flatbread Company is located at 89 Hana Highway in Paia.
Maui Nui Marine Resource Council is a nonprofit organization celebrating 14 years of working with the local community to create culturally appropriate, effective science-based solutions to serious local threats facing our reefs. Projects include:
• Ocean water quality monitoring at 29 Maui beaches through the community-based program Hui O Ka Wai Ola
• Improving ocean water quality in Māʻalaea Bay by using caged oysters to filter sediment and other pollutants from the ocean water
• Preventing sediment and pollution runoff from Pohakea watershed into Māʻalaea Bay
• Educating visitors about protecting coral reefs by using only mineral-based sunscreens, avoiding walking or standing on corals, and keeping snorkel fins up and away from the reef while snorkeling
• Promoting reef friendly landscaping that avoids the use of reef-harming herbicides and pesticides
“We recognize that Tuesday evening will be a time when folks are preparing for their Thanksgiving feasts, so why not take a break from cooking dinner by ordering a delicious wood-fired Flatbread pizza — and experience the added satisfaction of helping to raise funds to protect Mauiʻs coastal waters and coral reefs,” said Anne Rillero, Communication, Community Outreach and Development Manager at Maui Nui Marine Resource Council. “Each pizza sold during this benefit night will make a difference — whether you choose to dine at the Flatbread Company restaurant or take the pizza home.”
To learn more about Maui Nui Marine Resource Council, visit www.mauireefs.org.